From big money scratch leagues to Saturday morning junior leagues, each type comes with its own benefits. No matter how BIG or small, there are more reasons than anyone could count to join a bowling league near you. Here are some of those reasons:
- Your guaranteed at least 1 day of exercise every week: In an average 3 game series you walk about 60 feet every turn, which turns into about a 1/2 mile per night. Additionally your throwing a 12-14 lbs. ball an average of 54 times per night. Your burning anywhere from 200-300 calories an hour from bowling. That’s the equivalent of jumping rope for 25 minutes!
- Tournament Entries: By becoming a sactioned bowler you gain entry into a whole new level of competition play. Being able to enter tournaments in your local area inspires you to become more competitive, and forges a bond with your teammates.
- Speaking of teammates…They’re AMAZING! Spending time with friends is great, meeting new people in your league is fun too, but going through the highs (and lows) of bowling with your TEAMMATES is something special. They will see you at your best, and your worst, but you’ll be doing it together.
- Practice Makes Perfect: No matter how busy you are with work, school, or life your guaranteed to bowl at least once a week. This will keep your mental and physical game sharp. Any of our league bowlers get discounted prices for practice at $2 per game at ANY of our company centers. This includes Berks Lanes, Hiester Lanes, and Limerick Bowl.
- Meeting New People: Every week you bowl a different team, this means your meeting 4 or 5 different people every week. It’s a great social aspect of league bowling. Meet and greet new people from your community and neighborhood you might not normally interact with, or old friends you lost touch with.
- Who doesn’t want a night of fun? Instead of sitting on the couch watching ANOTHER night of reruns you can get out and socialize! Your guaranteed at least one night of fun and activity every week. Break out of the same old cycle of work, dinner, TV, sleep, repeat. Bowling is the answer!